Need ideas for fun and eco-friendly birthday party favors for kids?
It’s no secret that kids love little trinkets as birthday party favors, but unfortunately, so many cheap plastic toys end up broken and thrown away after only a short while.
For a festive birthday celebration with less plastic waste, choose these eco-friendly birthday party favors instead.
15 Eco-Friendly Birthday Party Favors Kids Will Love
For your convenience, this post contains direct affiliate links for my favorite eco-friendly birthday party favors. If you make a purchase through these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Eco-Friendly Birthday Party Favors: Toys & Games
It’s all fun and games with these party favor ideas!
- Reusable water balloons: Perfect for a summer birthday party.
- Recycled crayons: Broken crayons that are given new life in adorable shapes like LEGO bricks or rainbows.
- 3D wooden puzzles 6-pack: Made with environmentally friendly plywood and grooved edges that are safe for children.
- Wooden yo-yos: Grab a party pack of 6 plain yo-yos or choose individual ones with fun designs.
- Highlights puzzle books 4-pack: A fun and educational party favor option.
- Hot Wheels cars 10-pack: Classic toys that hold up to years of play.
- Paper pinwheels: A colorful and plastic-free party favor made from cardstock and metal clasps.
Eco-Friendly Birthday Party Favors: Crafty Ideas
For an interactive option, plan a birthday party craft that doubles as a favor guests can take home with them. Or, take the easy route and order handmade crafty favors instead.
- Bookmarks: Decorate your own bookmarks with art supplies or order an eco-friendly animal bookmark set printed on recycled linen paper.
- Friendship bracelets: Braid your own bracelets or purchase a set of handmade cotton bracelets.
- Positive rocks: Paint happy messages or pictures on rocks for a craft or buy a set of hand painted keepsake rocks.
- Origami animals: Practice a new skill and fold some origami animals using a kids origami kit.
- Mini solar printing kits: An art & science activity all in one! Create nature prints using nature items and light sensitive cyanotype paper.
Eco-Friendly Birthday Party Favors: Plants & Plantable Gifts
Add some extra life to the party with living or plantable favors!
- Succulents: Visit your local plant nursery for mini succulent favors or order bulk succulent plants from Etsy and make your own succulent pots.
- Wildflower seed bombs: Choose budget-friendly seed bomb party packs or festive dinosaur seed paper shapes.
- Plantable pencils: Non-toxic, lead free, and biodegradable. When used up, place the pencil stub in soil and watch a new plant grow.
Alternatives to Plastic Party Favor Goodie Bags
Skip any extra plastic wrapping and try one of these options for displaying and giving away your birthday party favors instead.
- Place your party favors in a basket or on a tray. Add a sign or simply tell your guest to take one as they leave. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy!
- Add a name card for a personalized approach. Use a hole punch on a name card and tie it around your party favor with twine.
- Place in recycled mini paper bags. Perfect if you are putting a few mini favors together, like the recycled LEGO brick crayons.
For even more fun, plan a printable treasure hunt! Hide your party favors as treasures at the end.
Happy Birthday Party Planning
I hope your birthday party celebration is a smashing success!
What are your favorite eco-friendly birthday party favors? Any new ideas you would add to this list? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. I’m always up for more sustainable celebration tips.