For a fun birthday tradition, I’m sharing 50+ ideas for creative birthday interview questions for kids. Plus, a kids birthday interview printable!
Save your child’s answers and compare them year after year for some hilarious and heartfelt insights into your child’s world at the time.
For your convenience I have included direct affiliate links for my printable birthday interview questionnaires. If you make a purchase through one of these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
32 Birthday Interview Questions for Kids of All Ages
- What are you really good at?
- What is the most special thing you own?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- What are you thankful for?
- What do you like to collect?
- What makes you happy?
- How do you show you are happy?
- What makes you sad?
- How do you show you are sad?
- What new food have you tried recently?
- What would you like to learn to do before your next birthday?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- What do you like to play or do with your friends?
- What is a book you enjoy reading?
- What is a word or phrase you say all the time?
- Name something you love about our home.
- What is something that is easy for you to do?
- What is something that is hard for you to do?
- What is something new you did this year?
- What is a subject you enjoy learning about?
- What was the best thing about being ___ [previous age] ?
- What are you looking forward to about being ___ [new age] ?
- If you had 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- If you could have any animal for a pet, which animal would you choose?
- If you had to change your name, what new name would you choose?
- What were you for Halloween this year?
- What do you want to be for Halloween next year?
- What was the best place you visited this year?
- How did you celebrate your birthday?
- What job do you want to have when you are older?
- Tell me a good joke.
16 Extra Birthday Interview Questions for Older Kids
- What’s your best piece of advice?
- What was your greatest success this year?
- What did you fail at this year?
- What did you learn from that failure?
- If you could learn a new language, which language would you pick?
- If you could invent something new, what would it be?
- What is the best gift you gave someone else this year?
- Who is someone you admire and why?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- Describe what your perfect day would look like.
- What country would you like to visit?
- What is something that annoys you?
- What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the funniest thing that happened today?
- What is something you’d like to do that seems impossible?
- What is one step you could take toward that impossible goal?
12 Favorite Things Questions
- Favorite color?
- Favorite food?
- Favorite ice cream flavor?
- Favorite animal?
- Favorite toy?
- Favorite season?
- Favorite holiday?
- Favorite book?
- Favorite song?
- Favorite TV show or movie?
- Favorite sport?
- Favorite restaurant?
Kids Birthday Interview Printable
For quick and easy digital download, you’ll love my ready-made 3 Page Printable Kids Birthday Interview Bundle including:
- An in-depth Birthday Interview questionnaire with 20 creative questions & spots to fill in 10 favorite things
- Mom & Me and Dad & Me birthday interview questionnaires to add in encouraging comments celebrating your child
More Birthday Celebration Ideas
For more birthday celebration resources, check out:
15 Eco-Friendly Birthday Party Favors Kids Will Love
Eco-Friendly Birthday Party Decorations You Can Reuse Every Year